Thursday, February 2, 2012

Did she just call me a "Hoarder"?

Today was one of my favorite kind of days.  It was my day off from the Shop and I didn't have anything in particular to do, so I got to work out in my garage Studio all day, well  that is until I had to go in and fix some food for "my biggest fan".  It was a good day.  I have been working on several projects trying to finish something up so that I could share. I did get one thing finished,  but I will share it tomorrow. Today I am going to show off some of my recent finds.  I found some matching arm chairs, that are going to be fabulous!  They need some work, of course, but I think I am up for it.  A little upholstery work and some paint, and a tack puller and a hammer and some elbow grease......... Jeez, I started taking out the nail heads on one of the chairs, and they were not cooperating, so I had to trek over to "my biggest fan's" man cave  garage and hunt up some real tools!  I will put them back in their places honey, I promise!  There was a billy blue million tacks in that chair.  Who ever put that thing together in the first place wasn't planning on making it easy to take it apart! 
Matching Arm Chairs
I also found this little table at the Auction house.  It needs some serious fumigating and has been sitting on my front porch until I can scrub it up.
Also found this little corner shelf at the Auction House.
This cute wooden straight back, arm chair, came from my favorite junk shop.  The seat needs some work, not sure if that is even the original seat, it doesn't seem to fit correctly.
If you look real close you will see another huge problem.  I didn't realize this problem until I was sanding on it!  What the......? I am thinking I have a great idea of what to do with it.  We will see how great of an idea it is when I am finished.  I got the chair painted today, sanded and glazed.  Maybe I will get it done this Sunday during the Superbowl. Sunday evening.

This was the best find of -  maybe all time!  The Auction House got in probably 100 or more rolls of upholstery fabric!  Woot Woot!  I snagged 10 rolls.  So you might be seeing these a few times in the next few months.  Oh, the possibilities...  It doesn't take much to make me happy.  Did I mention the price? Well let me just say it was more than reasonable.
All the fabric
 

I think I have that middle one picked out for those matching chairs - tan with black squiggly lines
Sooooo folks, it looks like I got my work cut out for me!

Thanks for looking,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment